Wednesday 22 June 2016

Dhanak : Movie Experience


I feel a good film is one which inspires you, it inspire you to write or to create something and makes you think and feel. Often, my friends ask me to write movie reviews, I tried it many times but failed miserably. I could not write a single review, I just could not. At first I thought maybe becoz of my poor vocab (which still is an issue) I could not express myself, then over time I realized maybe there is something else but I never really cared to dig it in. Today something happened and maybe now I know why it was like that. Reviewing a movie is different from writing about it in general. When your sibling or friend suggests you a movie, they just share their movie experience and it is not technically a review. If you really think about it a friend talking about a movie and appreciating it is much more convincing then reading a Komal Nahta (or any other for that matter) review.  I personally love to talk about a film as a whole and not about the specific aspects like acting or editing or cinematography etc, a good movie is a good movie and everything about it, from the director to spot boy is good and that’s why they succeeded in creating a satisfying cinema.

 Going to movies for me is like going to a temple.  The whole experience is very profound and personal, and if you feel that magical moment in which you become one with your God and get inspired you feel like sharing it with your friends and loved ones. Today I saw a similar film, after watching it I had an urge of sharing it with all my friends and tell them about it and so I am writing this piece and this is not a review.



Dhanak is a film with heart and I was completely in the world of Pari and Chotu. It’s a journey of hope and courage. Pari and Chotu live with their uncle and aunty as their parents died in an accident, aunty doesn’t like them and is partially responsible for Chotu’s blindness. Pari has promised his brother that he will be able to see before his ninth birthday and in her heart she knows he will. So they start this journey in the deserts of Rajasthan fighting all odds to see that 'Dhanak'.

It might sound like a children’s film but believe me it is more for ‘grown ups’, we have stopped believing in fairy tales becoz life is tough and fairy tales are not real. As a character in the movie says, see around the world is full of magic, just open your eyes and you will see it all. We are too ignorant about this magic as we are busy in our lives updating yet another status or chasing a deadline, slow down a bit, give your life a ‘times please’ , go and watch this beautiful film, Pari and Chotu might give you a reason to smile, a genuine one just like a child.


As I said good films inspire you…give yourself a chance to get inspired.



No comments:

Post a Comment